Sunday, February 8, 2009

Shopping and Excuses For Shopping

Tonight I felt a bit guilty. My hubby went to a Blazer game. I had the usual D family over and we were starving so I used the good ol' credit card to buy all of us dinner ($110.00). I was feeling bad until W decided not to come home or call until 3 hours AFTER the game was over. He sounded drunk and said he was at a bar. BAR = STRIP CLUB. Suddenly, I wasn't feeling so bad anymore.

This is a pattern. W does something fucked up and I go shopping. I do this not only b/c I love to shop, but also b/c W hates it when I spend money on the credit card.

I had a New Year's resolution that I wouldn't spend anything unless I had the cash for it. That went out the window right away when I charged a Cancun trip and other miscellaneous crap I couldn't do without. Now here's the rationalization....it's okay to spend on the credit card because I am not spending it on frivolous things. I buy things for the house, food, A's shoes, things at Target, etc...so it's okay to spend.

I'll try not to buy anything tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Holy moly....you must have had Sushi....I heart Sushi.
    You remember what happened when KC went to the "bar". At least you didn't buy a 400.00 purse.

    ReplyDelete