Saturday, February 28, 2009

And The Child Goes To.......

W and I are preparing to go to Cancun. Yes, the countdown has begun! Only 15 more days until sunshine. We have our passports. My mom is staying with A. Now all we have to do is our wills. This is where the trouble begins...

We are trying to decided who A should go to if we both die on vacation. I would like my friend T in San Diego to take him (I don't know if she knows this), but W would like his sister J to take him. Now at first J sounds like a good idea. He can be with his cousins whom he loves. J and her husband have a lovely home and participate in their kids lives. He will also be near W's mom and other sister as well.

Now here's the hard part. J and her husband M are republicans. Not just any old republicans; they are the hunting, Jesus loving, against equal rights for same sex couples republicans. They believe in everything I don't. This is hard to swallow. I would like to hope that we have given A a solid foundation to grow from and not be pursuaded too much by the right. As RSG said, "Look at the bright side. You'll be dead and won't have to worry about it."

So I guess we will probably put J down as the guardian and hope we make it back safely from Cancun.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing to worry about....I grew up in a conservative republican jesus loving family and look how I turned out....it goes back to biology.... R+R=LIBERAL. At least it sounds good right? The day TACO BELL opens I am buying you lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we'd love to have A and flattered you thought of us, but I think it's best for a child to stay within the family. We need to change B & S's guardian.

    Looks like you'll be in Cancun when I'm in Portland. I'm playing in the golf tourney.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete