I miss my Dad so much. Especially at night when things are winding down for the day and my mind starts going. Just the thought of not hearing his voice is almost unbearable. When he called, he always left a message saying, "Father," and hung up. One of his old friends pulled me aside at the funeral to tell me that whenever they got together, he would always speak of me and how I was doing and how much he loved me.
I only knew my Dad through my Mom's, sister's and my eyes. It was amazing to hear how much he touched other people's lives and how they remember him. My cousin Ken, wrote on Facebook that he remembers my Dad holding him upside down over the toilet when he was little, asking if he should flush him. Needless to say, I laughed at the memory and then asked Ken if he is still traumatized. My friend Cyn laughed that he thought he was so cool with the ladies. My cousin Julie talked about how she bumped into him in Europe and he took her out to dinner. It's just so amazing to me that all these people have all these great memories.
I am able to stop crying as I write these memories because everyone who knew him carries a bit of him in their hearts and that means the world to me.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment